We offer Dog-friendly accommodation in the Yarra Valley
For many dog owners, it’s a joy to be able to holiday or have a short break with their four-legged friend, rather than arrange for them to go to kennels, and as dog owners ourselves, we totally understand this.
So, if you have a happy, well mannered dog and would like to bring him/her when you come to stay at The Burrow, call Sue on (03 5965 2338 or 0408 122 598) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The charge is $20 per dog per night (up to 2 dogs, subject to availability), payable in cash on arrival.
We have a few pet clauses:
- Upon arrival, please keep your dog in the car until we introduce ourselves, then on lead as we show you around and meet our own dogs.
- As Wombat Bend is a wildlife sanctuary, bird-chasing is strictly off limits.
- Unless they are in the large free-running play area at the far end of the billabong, visiting dogs must be on lead on the property at all times.
- The property is securely fenced and gated, but dogs must be supervised at all times.
- We are happy for your dog to be indoors with you in The Burrow but ask that you towel them off before they come in, and keep them off the furniture and out of the bedroom. We encourage you to bring your dog’s crate for sleeping in. We can also supply a crate.
- All dogs prefer their own bedding, food, treats etc so remember to bring all your supplies for your dog. We supply towels for muddy paws.
- If your dog sheds a lot of hair, please vacuum thoroughly prior to departure, to avoid a cleaning fee.
- Please clean up after your dog with the poo-bags and pooper scooper provided.
Fun for dogs of all sizes
- If your dog is a swimmer or ball-fetcher, he/she can do both at The Burrow as we have a large, enclosed play area at the far end of the billabong. Dogs can run and play off-lead and launch themselves into the water for a refreshing dip. Remember to bring some extra tennis balls if he/she is a ball tragic.
- Your own enclosed deck provides the perfect outside space for dogs to snooze on a sunny afternoon, and to dry off after a swim. A clean trampoline bed is provided for comfort.
- There are wonderful walks close by that you can enjoy with your dog, including the Warburton Rail Trail, and along the Yarra River. There are even some wineries who like canine customers.
Terms and Conditions
- On arrival, we ask you to pay cash for your pet’s stay, and complete & sign a Pet Responsibility form acknowledging the above points, which authorises any damage or additional cleaning to be charged to your credit card. (A form is provided on arrival for your card details).
- As the dog’s owner you take full responsibility for any accident or incident caused by your dog/s while on the property.